Friday, January 10, 2014

Putting words into action

One of my biggest faults is that I often dream of doing things and then I often think of how silly the idea is and I never follow through with it. Most of these dreams are related to creative endeavors. I always tend to think that things are not "good enough" and in the past I would never reveal to anyone what my ideas were, that was until my husband come into the picture.

My husband is the most loving and supportive person of allowing me to follow my dreams. We often sit on the couch together often a long day and I share with him my dreams and goals of what I would love to do with my future. Over the last year that included telling him that I did not want to go back to work because I wanted to be the one to raise our daughter and not a day care. He listened and we did the math and luckily we were able to make that dream a reality.

I feel like at this point I have the ability to do some things on the creative end that I was unable to do in the past. For example, I have always wanted to have an Etsy shop where I could sell some of the little things that I love to make. When I shared this dream with my husband, his response was..."I think that would be a great idea and if it doesn't work, at least you will know that you tried". I love him for that. So, with his blessing and with some motivation I have begun to build my little shop on the web.

It has been exciting and scary. I hate rejection and it does scare me the thought of no one liking or buying anything that I have, but I am having fun with the process. This week I worked on designing our logo and made some tags. I love trees and knew I wanted to incorporate then in the design somehow. I love how they look!

So, with that said the launch date is pushed back one more week in order to give me some time with taken super cool photos of the products that will be up for sale and as you know presentation is everything!!!

ox,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment