Thursday, October 24, 2013

this is me...


Hello blog world welcome to my blog, Pretty Little Fofinha. I am Susan and I live in Southern Massachusetts with my husband and our 13 month old daughter.

I decided to join the blog world as I am venturing out into a new adventure in my life, being a stay at home mom. As I would say in my Boston accent, "I have never worked this wicked hard in my life". I wanted to have somewhere to document my journey, the ups and downs and all the stuff in between. 


A little background about me. I am 38 (yikes how the heck did that happen, I still shop at Forever 21). I am married to my sweet love for a little over two years now. We had not one but two lovely wedding ceremonies in California and the Azores. It was epically breathtaking and very overwhelming at the same time as I created most, if not all over the wedding stuff myself. Except my dress, which I wish I could have channelled some Molly Ringwald Pretty in Pink sewing skills, but instead I waaaay overpaid for my dress, but I did were it twice which is more than most people get to do so its not so bad. I have a Masters degree in Social Work and I am currently working on getting my LCSW to start exploring some work in the therapy field.

Before becoming a stay at home mom, I worked as a child protective services worker for nine years. I have seen a lot of things that no child should ever have to go through. I could write a book based on all the things that I have seen and heard. You would be amazed, disturbed and disgusted by what some humans are capable of. It wasn't all bad though. Children are resilient and I am convinced that they have superpowers. I would be lying if I missed my job. I don't. Not even a little bit. I do miss my coworkers, but I don't miss the dread of the phone ringing and knowing that it will be bad news. No one ever called with good news. I did learn a lot about social work, people and especially myself. I found my voice that I once kept hidden away.

Creatively, I have been a scrapbooker for over fourteen years and have a strong love for all things artsy. My scrapbooking has evolved to the ever popular Project Life style which is great with a little one running around taking up most of my time. Since becoming a SAHM, I have ventured onto many other areas that make me smile. Cooking is something that I absolutely love and I have been discovering that herbs should be paired with certain meats. I mean, who knew that thyme was so lovely to use on chicken.

Crocheting is another passion of mine. I have been crocheting since I was 5 years old. I remember spending hours on the couch watching soap operas with my mother making dresses for my Barbie dolls which she made Portuguese table runners. In January 2014, I opened up my own Etsy shop, Pretty Little Fofinha which is named after my daughter whose nickname is Fofinha.

OX,
Susan 

No comments:

Post a Comment