Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Mini Ironing Board

 The idea of "potentially" moving across the country has me looking through all of my supplies and noticing that I should really be on the show Hoarders. Let me explain. I am not someone who has stuff all over the place, I am more of the type of hoarder that keeps stuff because I love them so much...as in I still have Chatterbox paper that I bought in 2005 from a Creating Keepsake Convention that I drove over 2 hours to get to. I literally bought over $50 worth of paper (I was single and thats what I did with my money oh those were the days). Ten years later and I have used about $10 worth of it.
I know where the problem is. I get into something and I buy a ton of stuff for it. For example, a year ago I bought a sewing machine and I was determined to make purses. I bought a ton of zippers, magnetic buttons, fabric, interface, etc and I made two purses. None of which I posted onto my Esty shop which was my plan in the first place.
So, this year I have decided to "shift" the way that I think. IF I LOVE IT ENOUGH TO BUY IT I MUST LOVE IT ENOUGH TO USE IT...ALL. Read: I will not buy anything any more (craft wise) until I go through my stash!!!
With that said, I have been on a roll this year completing projects and it is only the 7th day of the month! Today I am going to share my mini ironing board.
 What you will need:

  • 20 five x five in. squares
  • cotton batting (make sure it is heat resistant)
  • cotton thread
  • pins
  • sewing machine
  • a tray table
  • a staple gun
What to do:


Sew four rows with five squares each. Use a 1/4 inch seam allowance. Baste with one layer of batting. I used left over batting pieces that I had and zigzagged them together. Sew over the top layer to the batting under creating an edging. Mine was about 1/2 inch on each size, but measure out your table because your might be larger of smaller than mine. You want it to be able to be tucked and stapled underneath without a lot of leftover. Add two additional layers of batting to your table. Then place the finished quilt on top. Position it on the floor and staple around making sure its tight all around.
I love mine because it fits directly underneath my craft table. I live in a super small apartment and this is the perfect thing for me since I have no space to leave my ironing board out. It is also a great size for all the small quilting projects that I dabble in.

Enjoy :)
Susan



2 comments:

  1. what a fun project! i could definitely use a mini ironing board like this! and thanks for stopping by my blog as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was super easy to do and it stores away perfectly open under my craft table!

    ReplyDelete