Monday, January 5, 2015

Chicken Meatballs

One area that I would like to "shift" in my life is the way that I eat. I cook most of our meals, but over the holidays I got a good deal on a very large bag of potatoes and I blame some recent weight gain solely on that (it was in no way all the second helpings of chips, desserts or Chinese food). So, I wanted to share a recipe that I made using some leftovers that I had from a whole chicken that I had baked over the weekend.













 What you will need:
-Some left over chicken, I used about a one pound of left over chicken for this recipe a mixture of white and dark meat ground up in a chopper
-two eggs (beaten)
-1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of Panko
- 1 tbsp of basil
- 1 tbsp of parsley
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of salt
- a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- Cooking spray

What to do:
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until all is well blended. Line a baking sheet with foil (I hate to clean so its such easy clean up) and lightly coat with cooking spray. Shape chicken mixture into meatballs. Mine are about the size of a ping pong. Ping pong is such a funny thing to say. Ping pong. Anyhow, place the meatballs on the coated baking sheet and place in the oven until slightly golden. Do not over bake them as they will dry out. Once they are done place them in a large pot with your sauce and cook until the sauce is warm. Be careful not to stir them too much when they are in the sauce because they tend to fall apart a bit more than regular meatballs. Serve and enjoy.
I will admit that I was a bit worried about the meatballs coming out dry, but I was pleasantly surprised as they weren't dry at all and really flavorful. My husband, who tends to not like to try new things enjoyed them quite a bit and stated that they didn't taste all that different from my regular meatballs that I made using ground beef.


No comments:

Post a Comment