Friday, November 28, 2014

Truth be told

I have been absent for a bit from blogland. I have been out living life.
Truth is, I miss having this space. This space where I come to gather my thoughts. A place were I practice my writing and my ideas. A place where I share my life, recipes and what not. I miss it. I miss the routine of it all the most I think.

Since becoming a stay at home mom, I have found myself just kinda going into a slump of the same old same old. Cook, clean, change diapers and mostly play around with a toddler. I do love all of those things, but I do miss the creative side of myself.

In early September I had a flare up of my Rheumatoid Arthritis. The RA set me back. It brought me down to a negative place. A place where I began to avoid doing the things that I love, crafty, mostly in part because it hurt my hands. For those of you who do not have arthritis or any other form of chronic pain consider yourselves very lucky. The worst part of the RA is not the constant pain from the inflammation but rather the depression that comes along with it. I mean, its sad when your toddler wants you to pick her up and you have to figure out a way to do it without hurting. Its sad when you can't open her sippy cup when she wants to drink some milk and it is also sad when you have a tote filled with yarn that you can not even look at without crying.

The Esty shop is also empty. I hope that it is not for long. The better news is that I am back on some kick ass meds which is working! So we will be back to regular scheduled awesomeness soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment