Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thank you Thursday...

Today, I will be sending out a card to say thank you to the random woman who may not have realized what an impact she had on my life. A few weeks back I attended a dinner celebrating the accomplishments of a dear professor of mine. During dinner a group of strangers at dinner made the usual small talk, but I connected with one woman in particular. She was a guidance counselor at a high school and with me being a social worker we were kindred spirits destined to meet. Ok, maybe that was a bit dramatic, but you get my point. We talked about children, mine being so little while her two were off in college world. I also talked about feeling as though I had no time and that I needed to sit for my licensing exam soon in order to possible do some fee for service therapy, but I told her I felt as though it was impossible. She encouraged me to take one day a week and go out with the sole purpose of studying. I thought her revelation was so simple, yet so powerful. Why hadn't I thought of that. My husband if very supportive and when I shared with him the plan he said it was a great idea and the very next week I did it. It has been three weeks now where I go to the local library and just study. It is four hours of uninterrupted time to solely focus on what I need to do for not only my family but for my growth as a person as well as a professional. So with that I would like to thank her for helping to guide me in my path of life...

Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment