Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Whole30 and the results are in

I finished my first round of Whole30.
It was an amazing journey.
I had no idea how the 30 days were going to pan out. I knew that it would be challenging and I hoped that I would lose some weight, but what I did not realize was how I was going to feel during the last two weeks while on the program. I felt amazing. Actually I think the word amazing is not even enough of an adjective to express what I felt like. Allow me to explain.

Above you can see that I lost a lot of weight and inches. I am glad that I took the first photo because I would not have believed how different I would have looked in 30 short days. I learned to think of food in a different way. I learned to read labels with a different thought process and clearly I have learned that we really are what we eat. When you eat like crap you feel like crap.

During the Whole30 after the initial week of headaches and tiredness grumpiness I felt incredible. I had an abundant amount of energy. I could literally feel my blood cells breathing in and out. I did not want to sit still. I wanted to get up and move. I walked. I danced. Most importantly I smiled. A lot. It is hard to explain, but I could feel my insides smiling.

I ended my 30 days on Friday and since then I have not been eating Whole30 compliant. I haven't been eating terrible, but I have had a hot dog or too and a grinder. I will say that I have noticed a change already in my mood. So much so that I will start my second round of Whole30 next monday. Originally I was going to wait until August, but I want to get closer to my goal weight 125 sooner rather than later and I want to smile from the inside out again.

I would love to hear from you!
Have you completed the program?
Have you done a second round?
How did you feel the second round?

No comments:

Post a Comment