Thursday, October 2, 2014

Living with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis


When I was 9,  I was diagnosed with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. I was hospitalized for three months because doctors couldn't agree on whether it was JRA or something else as my symptoms did not go away after aggressive treatment. My fevers continued. I was weak weighing a mere 45 pounds (as pictured below). But as fast as it came it went away. They call it remission and I have lived with JRA for most of my life and that is the relationship we have. It's on again. Off again. 

I am entering an on again phase. My left hand is swollen pretty bad, but this time is unlike the other bouts. Where before I have the chance to just sit and rest it, with a toddler who needs me I have no there choice, but to push through the pain. Crafting as taken a back seat though so I have been reading books, lots of books while I hope for two things. One to get pregnant soon because that will be nice for the obvious baby and for the fact that JRA goes into remission during pregnancy. 

So let the baby dust sprinkle on my friends...xo


No comments:

Post a Comment