Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Portuguese Style Chili




So, my life disconnecting did not last long! Although, I have given in, I have not been "connected" to social media and the internet as much as I have been in the past. Where I would spend about 20 times a day looking at my email I am now only checking it in the morning and at night and the same with Instagram and the blogs I follow. Doing this has freed up some time for me to study for my LCSW (social work license to start practicing therapy in the field) and to make some final touches on the fall shop update. 

On another front, hubby wanted chili the other night and I am not a big fan of Mexican food. I know, my husband can not believe how I will ever survive in California if we eventually move there one day. So, I decided to make it with a Portuguese flair and instead of using ground beef I substituted it for a chourico link. The result was so good and toddle approved!

What you will need:
1 link of chourico (you can order some online via Amaral's market) sliced thin and cut in fours
1 15 oz can of corn, drained
1 15 oz can of small white beans
2 cans of stew tomatoes
2 tsp of cumin
1/2 cup of chopped onion
2 tsp of minced garlic
1 tbsp of olive oil
A crock pot. 

What to do:
Place olive oil in a large pot and put heat on medium high heat. Place chourico and brown. About 7 minutes. Add onion and cook until soft, five minutes. 

Transfer to a crock pot and add all the other ingredients and gently mix. Place on the low setting for 4-6 hours. 

Serve with chips and you can add grated cheese on top if desired!




No comments:

Post a Comment