Monday, July 21, 2014

Disconnecting in order to reconnect

Today I am taking the challenge of disconnecting in order to reconnect. Last week on the Today Show, they had a segment where in the month of August they were giving something up for 30 days. 30 days is a long time to go without something that you like. Chocolate, shopping and cell phones were some of the things that some were deciding to take a break from.

I thought about it for a bit and realized how often I am on the internet for this, that and other random things. It's quite addictive really. I mean, I check my email about 20 times a day and I am not sure why since I get about 40 emails a day that are all junk. So, I am aware that I need to unplug. I don't want my little one to be as addictive to electronics to the point that she is not living her life.

I am challenging myself to giving up the consistent checking of social media for one week. I will utilize the time to make some cool stuff for the shop. That is the goal...so until next week my friends...

Take the challenge and let me know how it goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment