Sunday, March 23, 2014

Complete: Mind


This year I have challenged myself to focus on a word for the year and to use it as a guide. The notion of having one word follow you through the entire year was an idea developed by the ultra talented talented teller of her own stories scrapbooker Ali Edwards. She calls it her One Little Word or OLW for short. For years I have attempted to ride the journey, but I have fallen off. Sometimes, I just thought the word did fit for me or that it was rather silly. Most of the time I just did not have the time to get it done or to even focus. I wanted this year to be different. I wanted to prove to myself that I could get it done and that I could pick a word and have it be my main focus to help me grow throughout the year.


Picture was taken by my husband while we were on our honeymoon in 2012. I want my mind to feel like it does when I am on vacation. Ponta Delgada in the Acores

I choose the word "Complete". I wanted to share some things that I have been doing to get my mind to feel complete. As a new mom, I often feel depleted, not only energy wise, but my whole brain has been functioning at a much slower pace. For that reason, I have joined an upcoming 21 day mediation series. It is free and you can get more information on it here. I honestly believe that if your mind is right then your body will follow. I am determined to complete it!

No comments:

Post a Comment