Monday, December 9, 2013

Garlic Parm Wings...



If I had to live on an island and only eat one food it would be wings. I love wings. Wings are the only reason why I could never be a vegetarian. So when the Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant opened up near my home town I was in heaven. The only thing that I wasn't too thrilled about was the cost. Being a stay at home mom and living on one income has our going out to eat habits changing. So, after having gone and falling in love with their Garlic Parmesan sauce I tried to find a recipe that was simple enough to make at home. Key word is simple and many of the recipes that I found called for things that I just did not have on hand so I tweaked the recipes I found to create my own. Now you can have these amazing wings at a fraction of the cost at home! Also they are a bit healthier in that they are baked rather than fried which saves on the caloric intake, but I will warn you the sauce will cost you some weight watcher points!!!

Garlic Parm Wings
8 wings cut at the joints
1/2 cup of mayo
6 teaspoons of minced garlic
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese 
2 tablespoons of honey
2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1 teaspoon of sugar
1/4 teaspoon of thyme
1/4 teaspoon of sage
1/4 teaspoon of basil
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
1/4 teaspoon of salt

Preheat oven to 350. 

In a small oven safe bowl place garlic and olive oil and bake covered for 30 minutes. This will soften the garlic and caramelize them. 

While that is baking mix remaining ingredients in a container (minus the chicken). Mix well. 
Remove the garlic from the stove and add to the mix along with the left over olive oil. Stir and cover. Leave in fridge for at least one hour so that the flavors can marry. 

Bake wings at 350 in a single layer shallow baking pan. Bake until crispy, at least 45 minutes. 

Once done toss wings into the sauce and serve.

Enjoy!

Susan





No comments:

Post a Comment