Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The time I dyed my hair pink

So, I had been toying with the idea of dying my hair pink for quite some time and on Saturday I decided to just do it. It was quite the process since my natural color is brown and my whole head needed to be bleached then dyed. The whole process took four hours, but when you have a toddler at home it was like a mini vacation.

While waiting for the color to set in the stylist, who was a young 20 year old girl asked me why I had decided to go pink. She said it was such a bold move. I told her that I needed to do something for me that brought me back a piece of who I was before I was a mom. I have never been one to have a look for took long. In the past I had colored my hair often and changed it a lot, but as of late I kinda of lost that desire to take care of myself. I hear it happens to most women after having a child and let's face it when you have a little one running around you don't really have the luxury of time. So, I told her I needed to get back a piece of Susan back because for the last year I have just felt like Marisol's mom. I went on the explain that it was not that I minded being a mom at all, I love my little one, but I needed to find the best balance for the both of us.

I walked out of the salon beaming the brightest smile...and pink hair. I loved it. I love it and as evidenced by my instagram feed I can't stop taking selfies! My only regret is that I didn't do it earlier!

Is there something that you have been dying to do but have been hesitating to do? Just do it!!!

1 comment:

  1. You look fabulous! I love the pink :) I recently started riding lessons again ... I grew up riding and showing horses but lost my mare in an accident a few months after Topher was born. Since then the timing has never been right to have another horse - but I miss that part of my life so much, I finally called my coach and begged her to find me a horse to ride :) I'm still sore (my last lesson was Friday!) but I'm so much happier. I love my littles but I need to love myself too :)

    ReplyDelete