Thursday, October 30, 2014

The Beauty in the Simplicity

Since my recent JRA (Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis) flare up I have had no choice but to take it easy. I have to be selective in what I work on creatively and what I can't do right now. As a result my Etsy Shop does not have any new stuff. It is hard to sit back and watch what I wanted for the shop to be and what it is right now. This is my season. The season where people are looking for crocheted scarfs, cowls, slippers, baby booties, etc, but yet, I am on pause. It makes me sad, but I went to see my doctor yesterday and against what I really wanted (to live med free) in order to preserve my joints I am going back on Embrel. People have a lot of opinions when it comes to biologics, but a lot of those people do not live with chronic pain. 

This summer we went to see some butterflies at the museum. It was amazing to have so many flying all around us. The process that the butterfly goes through to evolve into its beauty is quite the process. The same holds true for people. Sometimes when we are feeling our worst or our ugliest (JRA joints are not the most flattering) we can later turn into something amazing and beautiful. 
Late last night while I sat watching Netflix with my heating pad on my hip, I had an idea. It is in its early stages, just brainstorming, but it will involve both of my passions, social work and art. More to come in the future.  


No comments:

Post a Comment