Monday, July 14, 2014

Creating makes me happy

I have been busy this summer working on my project life. Since starting PL last year I have found that it is a great way of documenting the small stuff that sometimes gets forgotten about. This year I have also added some traditional layouts since I missed that so much from last year.

I don't know if your like me, but in the past, I would hoard all of my supplies. I am not sure why, They were so cute and I didn't want to "waste them"...which in hind sight is absolutely stupid since now I have all these old supplies (like the entire line of Chatterbox) that is just sitting there unused. So this year I decided that I would use all of my supplies freely. I subscribe to Studio Calico's project life kit and I try to use the entire kit for that month. Of course, there are some left over, but I try my best. The results are that I have less "stuff" scattered on my table and I have super cute scrapbook pages.

Scrapbooking for me started back in 2001 just when the industry was starting. There were several magazines out each month with fresh ideas and slowly the internet also started buzzing with all things scrapbooking. Recently a pioneer in the scrapbooking field closed shop, Two Peas in a Bucket. It is sad to see it go as it was a nice place to pop in and check out the latest trends in the gallery and I will miss my binge watching of The Adventure of Garden Girl. My hope is that this is not the trend for scrapbooking as I would love for it to be something that my little one will enjoy doing one day. I know that for me it is a way of leaving her a visual history of her life, the good, the bad and the ordinary.


1 comment:

  1. This is my second year doing Project Life and I love it! I tried "traditional" scrapbooking years ago but never really got into it. I find Project Life so much easier - the end results are just as pretty, but it doesn't take up nearly as much time :)

    ReplyDelete